jeudi 20 avril 2017

The Wrath & The Dawn - Renée Ahdieh


Title: The Wrath & the Dawn
Autor: Renée Ahdieh
Number of pages: 388p.
Genre: Young Adult
Published by: G.P. Putnam’s Sons Books for Young Readers, a member of the Penguin Group, 2015

In a land ruled by a murderous boy-king, each dawn brings heartache to a new family. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, is a monster. Each night he takes a new bride only to have a silk cord wrapped around her throat come morning. When sixteen-year-old Shahrzad's dearest friend falls victim to Khalid, Shahrzad vows vengeance and volunteers to be his next bride. Shahrzad is determined not only to stay alive, but to end the caliph's reign of terror once and for all.

Night after night, Shahrzad beguiles Khalid, weaving stories that enchant, ensuring her survival, though she knows each dawn could be her last. But something she never expected begins to happen: Khalid is nothing like what she'd imagined him to be. This monster is a boy with a tormented heart. Incredibly, Shahrzad finds herself falling in love. How is this possible? It's an unforgivable betrayal. Still, Shahrzad has come to understand all is not as it seems in this palace of marble and stone. She resolves to uncover whatever secrets lurk and, despite her love, be ready to take Khalid's life as retribution for the many lives he's stolen. Can their love survive this world of stories and secrets?

Inspired by A Thousand and One Nights, The Wrath and the Dawn is a sumptuous and enthralling read from beginning to end.


I learned about this book from a girl on Youtube that I really love. Her name is Tasha. The story was so interesting and I couldn't wait to read it, so my boyfriend got it for me. (Thank you baby <3)  

But I was disappointed by this book. Seriously,  I don't know what to think about it. The first chapters of the book and the lasts are interesting but I had difficulty to continue my reading in between. The first chapters are kept me reading because of Shahrzad's tale, but we never know the ending of it and I liked the lasts because there's a love triangle between the characters and I like those situations.
What really annoyed me in this book is that at first Shahrzad hates Khalid. She wants him dead. But out of nowhere, she falls in love with him. How can this be possible? I mean, he killed her best friend! She even completely  forget about her first love, Tariq and choose a man she just met instead. Something is missing in this love story and it's how those two fell in love so fast.

I'll read the second book of the serie, because the first one left me with too much questions, but I will not jump on it like I did with the first book.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire